Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Melba Gilbert Lamar EDLD 5301 Action Research Blog

This week has been phenomenal. The research course has goaded me out of my comfort zone and required that I meet a challenge face to face. I need to ask questions regarding my campus, and not accept status quo. There are several ideas I have regarding my action research. I simply need to pin one down and act on it. Twenty years in industry has made me question why the education profession does not have to, on a continual basis, question and alter their lessons based on new information, demographics, test scores, etc. The minute an educator stalls, they become stagnant. I loved what Dr. Timothy Chargois used as an example. If you are green, you are growing. If you are brown? You are dead. My goal, as a technology teacher, and limited only by the school district's budget, is to teach my students the most current technology that my lab can accomodate. I want to prepare those who are not college bound with skills they can use immediately upon graduation. Hopefully, I will choose an action research topic that will help me as I endeavor to meet the needs of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment